Friday, August 1, 2008

Installing Apache 2, PHP 5 and MySQl 5 on Mac OSX

I've been using MAMP for a few years now. Lately, I've been interested in working with environments on a much lower level than I'm accustomed to. I reached out to my boy, he gave me some great resources for installing Apache, Php and MySQL on my Mac OSX. Here, I will share with you what I've been gathering. Be aware, you must be familiar with the command line.

Install MacPorts:

MacPorts is definitely the way to go. It pretty much made installing painless. I grabbed the description from their site.

"The MacPorts Project is an open-source community initiative to design an easy-to-use system for compiling, installing, and upgrading either command-line, X11 or Aqua based open-source software on the Mac OS X operating system."

Install Xcode from Apple.com:

In order for MacPorts to work, you must install Apple's development software Xcode.

This is the link my friend Jonathan gave me. It is a nice concised tutorial on getting this enivornment setup properly.

Enjoy!

No comments: